Center for Political Studies
CEPOS is an independent Danish think tank promoting a society based on freedom, responsibility, private initiative and limited government.
CEPOS (Center for Political Studies) was founded in 2004 by prominent Danish business people, thinkers and cultural personalities and started its work on March 10th 2005.
CEPOS wishes to contribute to more personal and economic freedom, rule of law and democracy as well as a limited government sustained by healthy civil institutions, such as family, civil associations and cultural life.
CEPOS wishes to reform and limit direct and indirect economic support from the public authorities to the population. Government support shall benefit only the disadvantaged and will be abolished for people who can support themselves.
CEPOS encourages competition, supports free markets, global free trade and opposes government subsidies to businesses.
CEPOS seek to influence the political debate and thereby the policy decisions by
- generating new knowledge about the arrangement of the society through analysis and research
- developing solutions and concrete policy proposals
- influencing the current and future decision makers through the media, meetings, conferences, publications and education.
CEPOS does not work at the request of any political party, public authority, commercial enterprise, organization or individual.
The Freedom Rights Project holds an international conference on “Human Rights: Problems and Proposals”
The Freedom Rights Project held an international conference on “Human Rights: Problems and Proposals”, which took place in Copenhagen on January 30th, 2014.
A number of highly esteemed speakers will convene to take up various topics on the concept and implementation of international human rights, including:
- How effective is the current international human rights protection system?
- Have human rights been diluted through "rights inflation"
- What role can and should international human rights bodies and courts play?
- Has the international human rights movement lost focus?
- What role for human rights in a world with rising powers whose commitment to human rights is questionable?
Time and place
Date: Thursday January 30th, 2014
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Place: Danish Parliament building, 1240 Copenhagen K